One thing that helped a lot was to print out more detailed pictures of parts with their dimensions. I have to be careful to check the dimensions for fit. Mark told me he made some changes (real improvements) from the drawings we made so I'm trying not to be tripped up by that. I also take time to record the "as built" so the drawings can be improved.
This machine has a lot of parts that have to fit together very accurately. While Mark has made it as easy as possible, there is an astonishing amount of detail to pay attention to. You need some serious planning and woodworking skills to pull this off.
I guess I'll have to figure out why this site crops so much of my picture off. I put the spring return on the pedal after moving the pedal stop up two inches because it didn't move far enough to make the head travel its full 4 1/2". Now on to tier 3 the X-axis table.