Today marks the beginning of physical work on my router mill. I was able to lay out a template and apply it to the first pieces to cut. I used whatever tools I thought would work efficiently to true up the template with the intent to use a pattern cutting router bit against it. I broke down the first panel using a panel cutting setup on my workbench. Then I transferred the template to the blanks and cut them out. I used my 30" Excalibur scroll saw to quickly cut them out and realized that I didn't need to use the router to make them precise and smoother. You can use any technique you like using the tools you have available. The scroll saw left edges that need no sanding and after easing the edges with a 1/8" round over bit in my router table, I consider them ready for final sanding before a sealer coat. So now I have the four X braces needed. I've made two corrections to my drawings already, and will continue to do so as I find discrepancies. I also found that Mark's layout of pieces on the panels to be very useful. Part numbering will help keep track of what piece goes where. That's part of the reason for this build.
Dan is an experienced woodworker who is anxious to make an heirloom of the future for you.